Thursday, April 22, 2010

Big Sign

"In the toilet"

Well it has become glaringly obvious that I am not going to be able to blog everyday this month.
I am sure giving it a big effort and a big try...so here is yet another belated entry.


"April Storm"

There is a storm a brewing.
 The clouds came in overnight and rained half of yesterday and then the strong storm winds pushed the clouds away and I am greeted again by a bright sunny day.

Sometimes I feel like this is the pattern of my life...extreme calms punctuated with extreme storms.
Heck isn't it all our lives.

I think for me, the practice of how I deal with these extremes has been key to staying in my boat.

A yoga teacher once said to my class, "you are taking this class to learn how to fall; so when you are 70 and trip taking your groceries into the house you can get up again and brush yourself off."

Here is to another Asana, another downward dog, another breath.

"To be aware of a single shortcoming within oneself is more useful than to be aware of a thousand in someone else"
HH Dalai Lama

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails