Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Little Details

As an Artist and an art history buff I find the connections with other artist comforting.

I have known who this painter was since I was a child. My Aunt and Uncle had a print of his painting
"Son of Man" in their home for as long as I can remember.
 I remember always being fasinated by it and as a child asking repeatedly why his face was covered by an apple and why was he all alone.
ahhhhhhh art blooming.
 When I saw this auction announced I was immedately taken by a tiny detail about the letters.
"Asking his friends advice on painting titles"
I can personally attest to the long process in finding the right titles for work....hearing that he struggled with this process as well was charming and reassuring.
We ARE all the same.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails