Friday, May 8, 2009

Eerie



We drove into Santa Barbara last night to attend a theatre production. The actor is a former charge of mine when I was a nanny, many moons ago.
I felt silly driving into town to attend an event like this, when so many are displaced.
The family of the actor is one of these families. I was struck at the ability to simply let go...
They had left their home two days ago and were receiving updates as to it's status frequently.
Their ability to be present, and attentive at this production was mind blowing and quite humbling. They are even leaving the area this weekend to attend a wedding.
Some day I might have the gift to let go so completely.

The production was three and a half hours long and when we left we could see flames from downtown at the mall. The streets were vacant and with the sky raining ash it felt as though I was in the middle of a movie.

My hometown is in flames, or being covered in ash. All the trees are flocked as though it is a strange apocalyptic holiday.
I am concerned for friends spread to the four directions and our lives in our pretty little hometown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails