Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Muffin of the day

(this is not me, just a drawing )

When I work at the machine shop I tend to make muffins for breakfast.
I work with all men, and to date, none have turned down the chance to try a homemade muffin.
I get the dry part of the recipe together the night before... 
I don't trust myself to measure things at 5:30 in the morning
Making muffins allows me to wake up early, 
bake the muffins while showering and 
then have a homemade breakfast at work with tea.
The muffins are available to anyone who walks into the office...I have the UPS driver hooked
sometimes I will sway and make cookies, but recently I have been on a muffin kick.

I am trying all sorts of muffin recipes, I mostly lean towards ones that don't have high levels of sugar.
I am going to try and post pictures of them each week
Here is today's:
Carrot-Zucchini Walnut muffins

I have a lot of zucchinis coming from the garden so it was only natural to make these this morning.
I normally make this as a loaf, so I thought I'd try them as muffins instead...they turned out alright.
If fact one of the machine operators said 
"I don't like vegetables and this doesn't taste anything like vegetables, they are really good!"

I'll take that as a thumbs up

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails