Thursday, May 30, 2013

Snack break

 
Being a longtime vegetarian I am forgetting, or not remembering
what certain foods taste like.
Some are ones I never ate...or have no memory of eating, in this case tuna salad.
 
I have made it, tuna fish salad for hubby, but really guessed on what stuff went into it.
He makes his own now, I guess I was a bad guesser....
 
I recently came across this recipe and made it and have made it many times over again since.
if you are looking to lower your mercury intake, but still crave that texture I say give this a try.
Hubby tried it and said: "that was not what I was expecting, that is pretty good"
Here is how I make it:
In a mixing bowl combine all this stuff
 
1 can drained and rinsed garbanzo beans
2-3 stalks of chopped celery
1 shallot chopped
(it is milder then scallion or onions, but they work in a pinch)
1 heaping tablespoon of veganaise (or mayo)
1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
I tablespoon of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of tamari (or soy sauce)
a pinch of poultry seasoning (it is vegan, and a mix of herbs and spices)
a pinch of salt and pepper (white or black depending on taste preferences)
Smash it all up until the texture is to your liking
I like texture so I don't smash it to oblivion
Serve on toasted whole grain bread with tomato
yummmm
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails