Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dia De Los Muertos


I have just entered and been accepted to this years Dia De Los Muertos show at Gallery 255!
I submitted a work that is not for sale, I am trying something different and...I felt that it was too personal and that parting with it might be just too much.

"These Beloved" is the name and it honors the many that have come before me.
I created an image that wove my image with those of my family...then overlayed text with my thoughts and their names. Believing that if their names are uttered that they are remembered now.

" When I think of all the lives that have come before mine and all the memories that simply live in my breath and are remembered thru my eyes, I feel that much less lonely."


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails