Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday



Though I do not celebrate Easter, I do respect the fact that others do. I took this opportunity for some self reflection and went to the studio to print my biggest plates yet! 5"x8".

These might not seem big to others but, considering the "one-shot" you get with Solar plate...these were a big deal to me and caused some level of hyperventilation when exposing them to the sun yesterday. (please let this turn out, please let this turn out)

I am happy to say that despite my level of exhausting, I was able to season both plates and check them out, image wise.

Solarplate requires to to "season" your plates before getting a real sense of the image. This means inking, and printing it with black ink a number of times. I print each image at least five times before I get a real sense of what the image will look like. This is what I spent today doing.

Then I came home and took a nap.

By the way, the beautiful painting that is acting as a backdrop, is by Monteve Miller-Clay
check out her work here: http://www.montevemillerclay.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails