Friday, December 11, 2009

December is happening

Have had a busy month and I am only at the 11th day!
The month started out with new work being delivered to the studio space we have a First Friday here in town and our group makes sure to hang new work every month for this event.
Then onto a holiday fair inside a secured building! It is a brilliant idea...this business has a holiday shop open up inside their offices so that the employees can shop while not having to drive anywhere.


My scrabble tile necklaces were a hit...not only that but I got to meet some amazing new local artists and bakers!

Next was the VITA art center reception for their "Anonymous Show" that benefited the youth art scholarship program. It was really well attended and many of the pieces sold right away.



although I am not suppose to tell you...mine is the woman image the ladies are looking at
(top row, fourth over from the left)

It was a long day but great people watching!

Now is the holidays and with all the sewing and crafting and artmaking I have been doing for other events I am very ready to settle into making art for me!

My goal of making donations to KIVA and Heifer Intl is still a slow one, but I really believe in them and have already made donations to both ahead of time hoping to be able to make some more as time passes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails